Saturday 7 July 2018

Limitations of contemporary computers

Modern day computers are a product of technology advancement which is very good. But these computers from my own experience with them have some limitations. 

Though, some of these limitations are there in order to prevent consumers from altering default settings/installations from the manufacturers but I think manufacturers ought to put into consideration that some consumers may not be satisfied with some of these factory settings/installations and want to customize to suit their purpose. This “customization” may also include downgrading into a lower version of windows operating system. That is exactly where am heading to. 

A couple days back a client brought a lap top to me. This laptop was HP i5 Series; a very good system with a fantastic speed but the client complained bitterly about a challenge he was facing with the system. He was experiencing crazy consumption of internet data by the system. He could exhaust N8000 worth of data in 3 days without downloading. Quite surprising! I suggested system downgrade to him but that was the beginning of my adventure.  
I started the downgrading process but on getting to the hard disk section with a click on the next button a dialog box popped up saying “this hard disk is GPT partitioned therefore, windows can’t be installed on it”. Anyway I got that solved and successfully downgraded the system from windows 8 to windows vista.
 On booting to desktop I discovered that none of the system’s driver was active. Including the universal serial bus controller(USB). That was strange! I began drivers installation but to my amusement, none worked. Strange again! I went online still no solution. I spent the whole day on that system with no head way.
The next day I went online to HP official website to check the profile of that system. It was stated clearly that available compatible drivers for the system are only windows 8 oriented. WHY? I think there should be some flexibility.

This is just one out of the numerous limitations that I have pointed out.

……………………………...more revelations yet to come. See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment